Monday, May 1, 2017

On the Hunt for a New Kitten

I finally talked Dan into letting us get another kitten and spring starts kitten season.  So after school one day I surprised the kids with a trip to a cat rescue in Ohio that takes in lots of cats with Cerebral Hypoplasia (CH).  They basically had about 60 cats in about three rooms.  The kids were in kitty heaven loving on all of them.  I was amazed at just how many special needs cats they had.  Not only were there over a dozen CH cats, they also had several blind cats, cats with missing limbs, one was even missing his whole back end.  It was a really neat experience and we even put in an application to adopt and little black and white 4 month old kitty.  We were the second family that applied to adopt him and the other family ended up going through with the adoption so we didn't get him, but it was still an amazing experience to go there and see all that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment