Friday, May 5, 2017

Meet Miss Maggie

Once we decided that it was time to get another kitten, I spent well over a month searching for the right kitten... and surprisingly it was not easy to find an available kitten... plus I'm pretty picky when it comes to a 20 year pet commitment.  Eventually after having dozens of strike outs on other kittens, I found Miss Maggie on Craigslist and fell in love at first sight with her and her two brothers.  I had set up two different times to meet up with her owner to pick her up and they both fell through.  Eventually we made plans to meet near her home in Warsaw right after the kids got out of school on a Friday.  I never told the kids that I had made arrangements to get a kitten in case it fell through yet one more time.  Instead I told the kids that we had to drive to Warsaw to pick up medicine for Melvin.  They were a bit irritated that they had to sit in the car for over two hours, but didn't really say much otherwise.  Eventually the owner pulled up along side our van and get out with the kitten.  She handed her to me and I turned around, opened the van door and put her into Christian's arms.  I think he actually teared up immediately with joy and love.  I had the cat carrier in the back of the van to take her home in, but she ended up sleeping in Christians arms the whole way.  It was a long tiring drive home, but more than worth it to get such the perfect kitten for our home!  She has been an absolute blessing everyday since!

As with Murdock, we kept Maggie isolated in Katie's room for the first week or two till we got her checked out by the vet.  Then we slowly introduced her to Melvin and Murdock.  With Melvin being blind and deaf, he seemed pretty oblivious to her existence.  Murdock took a little longer to adjust to her, but within a week or two they became best friends and playmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment