Thursday, July 26, 2018

Marvan

While sitting up late one night, scrolling though facebook, I came across a post from a girl who found a kitten on the side of the road out in the country in the middle of a thunderstorm.  She picked him up, took him to the vet to have him checked out, and was now trying to find him a home since she already had her max allowable animals in the apartment.  We had agreed that once we were fully moved into the new house and Maggie and Murdock were well settled and adjusted that we would look into finding another kitten.  Well this little kitty was exactly what I was wanting (long hair, male, super laid back, young kitten and orange) and he was in Fort Wayne.  I kinda felt like it was fate.  So on a whim at midnight I commented on her post that I was interested.  Shockingly she immediately messaged me and we made arrangements for me to pick him up the next morning.  
When it was time to go get him the next morning I told the kids to get their swimsuits and get in the car (I wanted it to be a surprise and the swimsuits would throw them off).  The kitty was on the South end of town, so it was a bit of a drive.  The big kids had their suspicions, but knew well enough to keep their mouths shut.  When we got to the apartment complex I messaged the lady that we were there and she brought kitty down to me waiting outside.  I left the kids in the van while I talked to her briefly, then put kitty in Cameron's arms for a minute or two before passing him to Katie for the drive home.  The poor lady that we got him from had her kids upstairs in their apartment watching from the window, crying as baby kitty left with us.  She followed up and checked on Kitty a few time since we left and I always sent her pictures of him growing up and socializing with our cats so she knew that he didn't end up as dog bait or anything.  I love that she cared enough about him to follow up even months later.
Since Katie got to have baby Maggie live in her bedroom as kitten, Christian now got to have the new kitten in his room since he now has his own bedroom.  Again, Dan still knows nothing about me bringing a new cat home, so when he got home from school the kids told him that they have a surprise up in Christian's room, so they had him come upstairs and close his eyes.  Christian then put kitty in his arms.  Dan was definitely shocked and was expecting almost anything other than a kitten.  Dan doesn't do really well with plans changing unexpectedly and took a day or two to warm up to the idea.  I told him since he didn't have a choice in the cat, that he gets to choose the name.  By later that evening he had decided on the name Marvan.  And that was how Marvan entered the Koepke family.










































No comments:

Post a Comment