While down at Wilstem (the elephant ranch) I saw that they also offered ziplining and Christian and I both really wanted to do that, but it was really expensive and we didn't have time while there... plus the rest of our group didn't have any interest. So I told Christian that I would look into ziplining for us somewhere closer to home. Well it turns out that there is a ziplining course down in Huntington Indiana, so I made a reservation for the two of us on July 17th, 2018.
We got there a little bit early for our reservation, so we looked around a bit, then started a safety and harness fitting into course. We were the one two doing the course that afternoon, so it was just me, Christian and two guides. After getting fitted with harnesses, we then went over to a little zipline a couple feet off the ground and had a lesson on how to clip and unclip our harnesses and how to put the breaks on while going down the zipline. Once all the education was done we were finally ready to head out on course. The course consisted of 7 ziplines and several obstacle courses up in the air, such as rope bridges and a rock wall.
The first zipline was one of the bigger ones and one of the two ziplines that you can hang upside down from. They told us this upfront and recommended that we try it. Both Christian and I were a bit apprehensive, but we also were very much game to be adventurous and make the most of our experience, so we both went for it and flipped upside down. From there out all but the last zipline were far less intimidating. There were a couple of ziplines over the lake and one where we were able to race down a tandem zipline side by side. I should note that I won that race! The last zipline of the course was far and away the largest of the ziplines and the newest one there. When it was time for the last zipline, the owner drove a four wheeler over to the launch pad and used it to hoist us up to the platform with a rope and pully attached to the back of his four wheeler. I must admit, that was a bit intimidating to me. Then standing on the top of that platform was also intimidating. This zipline was also longer, faster and had a larger wire... which required a larger trolley to fit on the larger cable. I will admit that my heart was definitely pumping and a bit nervous about that last zipline... but it was an amazing experience. I really wish it could have lasted longer!
When it was all said and done, Christian and I both agree that we had a great time and would absolutely do it again!



























No comments:
Post a Comment