This year Katie did Show Jumping rally for the first time up at Albion College in Michigan. She was the only younger kid that went from our club, so she chose to take Remy for her pony. She was on a team with Miriam, Kristen and Shelby DeCocker as a scramble team member.
We got up there Friday evening, unloaded the horses (it was so cool to see the 6 horse trailer loaded full and all the horse headed sticking out), moved everything in and then the girls spend several hours walking the courses with Jen Foreman. Walking the courses was a really educational experience for me. I never realized how much went into designing a course and how many possible hangups can be present... and how to pre-plan accordingly for them all! It was definitely a lot to take in in a short amount of time!
We were able to crash in Julie's RV so we didn't have to worry about setting up a tent or anything which was incredibly helpful. It was also really nice that Miriam then got Katie up and moving in the morning so I didn't have to worry about setting an alarm for her.
Show Jumping rally was two days long (Saturday and Sunday). Each day each of the girls had two jumping rounds for a total for 4 rounds. All 4 of Katie's rounds were clear rounds with no refusals. Her team ended up taking first place for Horse Management and second place overall.
While Katie was competing, I was working in the barn for the first time at this rally. I was training as an assistant Horse Management judge. It was incredibly educational to see exactly how everything is done and what is looked at and why. It never ceases to amaze me just how much there is to know about horses. The more I learn, the more I realized just how little I know.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment