The sink was a bit of a point of contention between Dan and I since we bought the house. I didn't like anything about it. The cream colored cast iron stained constantly and was near impossible to clean. The basins were so small that I couldn't find a dish strainer to fit in it and the garbage disposal was on the wrong side for my preference. Finally the faucet was angled out so that the water sprayed at the front of the sink basin and would splash up at me while washing dishes. I also didn't like the spray nozzle being part of the faucet instead of separate. Dan however liked the cast iron because it was something other than the basic stainless steel that he has always had and felt that I was being over particular with all my other complaints.
Well after a few months of complaining, he finally gave in and let me get a new sink and fix all the other issues. Since Dan wasn't keen on a stainless steel sink, we negotiated on a more expensive granite composite sink... which I have to admit I am now completely in love with! I had to hire a plumber to move the garbage disposal over to the other side of the sink, and he was nice enough to cut the countertop to the right size for the new sink and installed everything for me. It turned into a full day ordeal, but I absolutely love the finished result! Little by little this frumpy old kitchen is starting to shine!







No comments:
Post a Comment