Thursday, April 26, 2018

Melvin's final days

My poor Melvin had been declining for several years and infact he had already lived several years longer than he was expected to live, but his quality of life was definitely declining and with us getting ready to move, I didn't want him to go through the stress of trying to adjust to a new house when he could no longer see or hear anything and was no longer going up or down the stairs.  So I decided it was time to have him put to sleep.  It was a long and hard decision for me to make since he had been with me for my entire adult life.  I took him to the vet by myself and held him while he fell asleep and took his last breath.  I think took his body out to Greenmarch farm and buried him at the top of the hill in my favorite part of the woods so I could visit him on trail rides.




No comments:

Post a Comment